Our Boarding School At A Glance
Internat Solling is an accredited independent public grammar school with a tradition reaching back more than 100 years. It is situated on park-like grounds overlocking Holzminden an der Weser, germany.
Approximately 200 Boys and girls live at the boarding school. 50 external pupils also attend the school.
- German Abitur (higher education entrance certificate)
- German Fachhochschulreife (advanced technical college certificate)
- German Mittlere Reife (intermediate grammar school certi-ficate)
- English from 5th form onwards
- French, Spanish, Latin from 6th form onwards
- Spanish from 10th form onwards
Charges (valid for schoolyear 2020/2021)
5th to 13th form: 3080 € excluding costs for school materials
Information on the school
- Instruction from Monday to Saturday (time gained through instruction on Saturday is appended to holidays).
- Class sizes: 10 to max. 20 pupils
- Secondary school courses: 3 to max. 20 pupils
INFORMATION ON THE BOARDING SCHOOL
- Resident group sizes: 8 to 12 pupils.
- Twin rooms (most pupils in upper level usually have single rooms).
- The resident groups are supervised by teachers who live at the boarding school with their families.
Learning centre: Every pupil comes here two hours per week to work autonomously on projects of their own device.
Learning diary: Every pupil maintains their own learning diary with homework, important dates, grades and their own projects.
Homework supervision: Pupils complete their homework under supervision during the “work hour”. Sponsorship programs: Extra hours with tutors and remedial instruction can also be organised.
(see Lower Level above) STANDARD COURSES ARE SUPPLEMENTED WITH Electives:
Topics include “Economics/Politics”, “Arts, Music, Performing Arts”, “Science/Technology” and “Physical Education”. Pupils assist in determining the course content independently from the curriculum.
Study of interdisciplinary subjects such as “Time Manage-ment”, “Rhetoric”, “Learning to Learn”, “Analytical Thinking”, “Reading and Composing Text”.
Germany Abitur after 13 years
5 Secondary School Specialisations: languages, sciences, humanities, music and arts, and physical education.
Final examination courses: German, English, French, Spani-sh, Politics, History, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Arts, Music, and Physical Education.
- Rhetoric and presentation seminars
- “Practical assignment” (small autonomous research project)
- Four-week work placement
- Career orientation and aptitude tests
- Career orientation fairs
INTERNATIONAL PUPILS AND NETWORKS:
- Pupils from Spanish-speaking countries (Spain, Mexico) as well as from Korea, China, Russia…
- Internat Solling is a UNESCO project school and COMENIUS school and participates in various international projects.
- Internat Solling has an alumni network (approx. 2,400 gradu-ates) and a parents’ network.
- Internat Solling is currently a candidate for membership
in MINT-EC network of mathematical-scientific schools in Germany.
Pupils are obliged to participate in 2 extra-curricular activities per week and they can change courses every 6 months. These courses include various sports (see below), trades and more (e.g., theatre, reading group, dance, cooking, chess, literature magazine, kitchen garden, fire department, music ensemble, pupil band, painting studio).
Badminton, beach volleyball, golf, fitness (own studio), foot-ball, athletics, rugby, tennis (own tennis courts), horseback riding (own riding stable), diving …
Organised weekend programs with offerings ranging from sports to arts & culture, social services and sciences. These offerings are complemented by own discotheque, film cinema, tea room, library, learning centre, workshops (carpentry, pottery, metalworking).
Our holiday schedule is based on those offered by schools in local and neighbouring federal states in Germany.